Three Summer Essentials Your Body Will Love
by Doterra Blog
Summertime and the livin’ is easy... having fun at the beach, relaxing and enjoying the sun - these are some of the ingredients that make summer the most serene season of the year when everything slows down.
We all know that too much exposure to the sun and sea salt can be damaging for the skin and the hair, but did you know that essential oils can be a great solution for damaged hair and skin? Here are a few of our favourite summer essentials.
Hair: Natural Deep Conditioner DIY
When dealing with damaged, dry hair, get a little extra help from oils like Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Geranium, and Clary Sage to bring your hair back to life. This homemade Natural Hair Conditioner is easy to make and will leave your hair soft and smooth.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 drops doTERRA essential oils
- Put coconut oil, olive oil, and essential oils in a mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium/high speed for five minutes or until the ingredients are whipped to a thick and creamy consistency.
- Once whipped, apply to clean, dry hair.
- Comb through with a wide-tooth comb to evenly distribute.
- Leave on for 15–20 minutes. Rinse, shampoo and style as desired.
Repeat once a week or as often as desired.
Skin: After Sun Soothing Spray
There’s nothing better than sitting in the sun and feeling its warmth and energy, but over exposure can cause irritation. Whenever you feel any discomfort from too much sun, try this after sun soothing spray with essential oils.
- 1 cup (237 ml) Aloe Vera juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E
- 8 drops Lavender oil
- 8 drops Melaleuca oil
- 8 drops Peppermint oil
- Note: You can find Aloe Vera juice at your local health food store.
- Combine all ingredients in glass spray bottle.
- Shake to combine.
Tip: Shake before each use to mix all the ingredients. Spray onto the skin as needed and enjoy its soothing benefits.
Summer Holidays Diffuser Blend
If you want to feel like you are always on holiday, we have the right blend for you. This blend includes the freshness and uplifting characteristics of Green Mandarin and Grapefruit with the calming effect of Ylang Ylang.